Your Thought on my Rhinoplastic 1,5 Year Later? (photo)

I am interested to know about your opinions regarding my rhinoplastic. I am unhappy with the asymmetric nostrils, but my plastic surgeon said it's normal (I disagree). Regarding the nose in general I don't like the right side of my nose. It doesn't even look the same as my left side. One plastic surgeon from this site mentioned that my top cartilages collapsed, but my plastic surgeon disagreed and laughed. I just want a balanced and symmetric nose. Both side symmetric; not just one.

Revision rhinoplasty after 18 months

+2

Dear Lagpastoriserad,

1. Your original surgeon may not want to reoperate because the risks may outweigh the small benefits
  2. I can see the asymmetry in your picture, and a revision will probably make it better, although they may never be symmetric
  3. If you are not getting the answers you need, you should try a couple of revision rhinoplasty experts for their opinion
  4. There will be a lot more swelling for the second procedure so you have make sure you think it is worth it

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

The surgeon needs to know what the patient wants at the end of a rhinoplasty.

+2

I don't see any major problems with your nose after rhinoplasty. There may be a few things that you wish look different. Video imaging would be a good way to sort this out with your surgeon.

1.5 Year Rhinoplasty Result

+1

If you're not satisfied with your result 1.5 years after surgery share your evaluation with your surgeon. You can also get a second opinion from another experienced rhinoplasty specialist. 

Your Thoughts on my Rhinoplasty 1.5 Years Later?

+1

Nostril asymmetry is the norm, and rhinoplasty should be about improvement rather than perfection.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

1 year post op

+1

Without before and after photos we have no way to tell. If you have concerns you should discuss them with your surgeon. Good luck.   

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS