What is Your First Reaction when Looking at my Photos? (photo)

I'm wanting to get opinions as to what my face is lacking. I feel like I have a recessed jaw due to four teeth being removed before getting braces when I was 14. To me I feel like my face is just too narrow and I'm very self concious of my side profile. I have TMJ pain that I've been trying to treat for years. I even recently had braces AGAIN to try and help it. Should I treat cosmetically with chin implant,etc.? Would I be a good canidate for a lip lift since I have bad lip posture?

Bad lip posture?

+3

Devon

You are beautiful.  I don't think there is anything wrong with your lip posture.  I think someone has worked over your self-image (mom perhaps).  I would advise staying away from the oral surgeons and cosmetic surgeons as much as possible.  Consider working with a psychotherapist on your self-esteem.  Your slight facial asymmetry is most likely barely noticeable in person.

Face issues

+2

I think you are a very attractive woman.  If the lip seems to bother you a bit, you can alwuas have lip filler to plump it up delicately.  As for the chin nose relationship, an in-office consult would be necessary. It is difficult tosay from the angle of the photos.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.