What is Your Opinion on my Breast Augmentation? Are They Ever Going to Look Like They Should? (photo)

I had a breast augmentation 3 weeks ago with Moderate Profile saline 375 cc implants. They are sitting high as I thought they would, but they are pushing my nipple down and my breast tissue appears to hang off the end. Is this normal? Will I need a revision? what caused this? thank you for your time I am starting to panic!!

Are They Ever Going to Look Like They Should?

+2

Breast augmentation, just like any surgery - it causes swelling. At 3 weeks, you still have swelling. There is swelling to the pectoral muscle which causes the fullness at the top, there is swelling to the breast tissue that "sinks" to the bottom of the breast tissue making it "hang" off the implant, there is swelling of the skin itself which pushes the implant up some and then often there is fluid around the implant that will push up the implant. All these things are normal and expected at 3 weeks. They all resolve in time.

I'll just bet if you wait the usual 3 - 4 months, your breasts will look fine and nothing else will need to be done. See it all the time. Thanks

Bakersfield Plastic Surgeon

Still early, revision if needed would be straightforward

+2

Your breasts would like more natural with the implant sitting lower down on your chest.  If your plastic surgeon created the pocket to allow the implant to sit appropriately lower on your chest and fill the lower half of your breast envelope then you will likely continue to see improvement as time passes.  A band across the upper portion of your breasts may help expedite this process.  Not wearing a bra at this time would also seem reasonable.  Touch base with your plastic surgeon and see what he/she says.  The good news is that if your do need a revision to lower the pocket this can be done relatively easily.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breast augmentation results after three weeks

+1

Since your surgery was just three weeks ago, it is too soon to make any decisions about your final result. Your body is still healing and you still have swelling. Your implants will continue to "settle" with time and your results will change. Keep your follow up appointments with your plastic surgeon and allow your body to heal.

James Knoetgen, III, MD
Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Settling

+1

Breast implants can take several months to "settle" or seemingly fall into place after an augmentation surgery. There are many factors that can affect the degree of superior pole (upper) fullness and therefore the it is difficult to predict the amount of time any patient may need to wait for their implants to completely settle. Usually by six months settling is complete and any necessary adjustments can be planned or made.

Asaad H. Samra, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Too high breast implants

+1

We hope that things settle, though it does look like the implant pocket was not centered on the nipple and the point of projection is above, and the nipple is indeed pushed down as you can see. We would suggest a snug band over the top of the breast 24/7 though the pocket might have to be revised.

Settling of implants

+1

After 3 weeks post-op you are still in the early stages of the settling process-so make sure you keep up with your follow-up appts and instructions your PS gives you to get you through this early stage.  No need to panic.

Edward J. Bednar, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

What is up with my Breast Aug? Will it ever look normal?

+1

If you are only 3 weeks out i would tell you to relax and allow the implants to "settle". It can often take 6 months for implants to reach their final position. Follow up with your surgeon and he should be able to give you some of his techniques to help the process speed up. Good luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon