What is Your Opinion of BA Result and Do You Have Any Suggestions for Improving the Placement of Implants? (photo)

I am 5'7'', 120 lbs, 32AA with tuberous breasts and had BA with 250cc(right)/260cc(left) 7 months ago. I find my breasts are positioned off to the side (not centered with left breast more off to the side and the right too close to the center). My surgeon thinks it is minimal and recommends I keep them or release some of the tissue on the right. Another surgeon said that would not do anything and recommends suturing the middle with 200cc replacement. What is your opinion and how can it be fixed?

Breast Augmentation Results?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I would concur with my colleagues that the results of your breast augmentation surgery is quite nice;  I would not suggest you  undergo revisionary surgery.

Tuberous breast augmentation

+1

You have a good result for the problem breasts you gave your surgeon. You need lots of massage and you need to wear a band around your chest that pulls your breasts to the mid-line so the lateral skin will grow. It doesn't just stretch, it GROWS! But it takes time, like months and months of wearing the strap. Don't go for any revision surgery. It could make it worse.

Dr Foster

Lawrence Foster, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Post-op Breast Aug results

+1

I agree with the other surgeons, your results are great. Breasts are never symmetrical, yours were asymmetrical to begin with, and no amount of surgery will make them that way. No one will notice the differences except you. Enjoy them and I do not believe you would be happy with a revision.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation result

+1

Based on your photos, it appears you have a pretty good breast augmentation result.  you know your body the best.  although you may have some minor imperfections, I don't think its necessary to jump to revisional surgery.  I concur with my colleagues here.  Let it be and enjoy your results.  You look great!

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Augmentation in tuberous breast

+1

It appear that you do have tuberous breasts. Reducing the size of implants will improve the results. If your implants were placed above muscles, I recommend to put smaller silicon implants under muscles and perform capsuloplasties to repair and adjust the space around your exsisting implants to improve and centralize your breasts.

Fereydoon S. Mahjouri, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Results

+1

Your breast implant results look great.  Yes, there as some asymmetries but they are within normal acceptable range that 99% of people will not notice unless you point it out to them.  This will always be the case.  Remember, they are "sisters, not twins."

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Opinion of your breast augmentation, looks very good

+1

Breast augmentation is an imperfect process and has to accomodate natural breast asymmetries. Your breast augmentation result is very good with results good enough to 'post'. If your implants are soft and feel well we suggest you leave things alone. How about a new bathing suit?

Breast augment results

+1
You know, we take the patient as we find her. Your chest wasn't symmetrical to begin with and I think you have a reasonable result under those circumstances. I would recommend that you do nothing at all and to recognize the merit of what my mentor, Dr. Tom Krizek always said; namely, that perfect is the enemy of good. Don't try to chase the unrealistic. The result is very good and I do not think that you are a candidate for revisiion.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

What is Your Opinion of BA Result and Do You Have Any Suggestions for Improving the Placement of Implants?

+1

First thanks for posting excellent photos. You must try to understand the term realistic expectation. Based on the appearance in your before photo I feel the obtained result is excellent. Sure there are minor asymmetry issues but is that worth the risk of additional surgery and costs for little gain?? I think not but it is your final decision on what you will do. Maybe some in person second opinions could help. Best 

Results after breast augmentation

+1

The concerns you have are legit however you had some asymmetry preoperatively that is contributing to the asymmetry post operatively. That being said I agree with the recommendation of your plastic surgeon, do nothing or just a little lateral release on the right.  I would be inclined to do the release because of the difference that is seen in your bra or bathing suit top photo.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon