Stomach is Lumpy After TT Revision, What Should I Do?

Hello, I had a second revision tummy tuck performed by the same Dr. Right now, I'm 6 mths post op. I am not happy with the results, though I had to endure almost the same amount of pain and double the hassle. As you can tell from the pictures, my upper abdomen is still swollen especially the right side. Overall the tummy feels very hard and lumpy. I am not getting the nice side contour that usually happens with a good outcome.My bellybutton too looks a little shifted. Please advice.

Revision Tummy Tuck Results?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I am sorry to hear about your  dissatisfaction with the tummy tuck surgery. For a fair evaluation it would be necessary to compare your  before and after pictures side-by-side.  If you have achieved a significant improvement,  then your plastic surgeon may have done all that is possible to do safely. Further surgery may be necessary to achieve your desired goals.

I would suggest waiting another 6 month before evaluating the final results of the revisionary surgery.  At that point discuss your questions or concerns with your plastic surgeon  and seek a 2nd opinion if this gives you peace of mind.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/revisionary-tummy-tuck.htm

Results after Tummy Tuck Revision

+2

Your results need to be evaluated in the light of what things were like before the tummy tuck.  Your results may in fact be completely acceptable if you preoperative condition was severe enough.  Secondly, 6 months may not be sufficient time for complete healing after a redo. I'm not sure what was done but it looks like possible liposuction, that will take a year to fully assess. The belly button may look off because of the comparison to the scar.  Overall, be patient a bit longer and as always express your concerns to your Dr.

Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.