Can you make your jawline and neck area more define with Botox? (photo)

I have had a smart lipo procedure on my jowls and slight double chin. I am 50 and have a more rounded jawline. Is this use of Botox possible to more define my jawline and neck area? Thanks

Botox for neck lines or jawline

+2
The short answer is yes. Boto can be used to soften neck bands as well as the posterior jawline. When used in combination with other modalities such as liposuction or Ultherapy, a very nice improvement can be achieved. 

New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Botox Can Help The Jawline, Consider Masseter Treatment and Filler on the Jaw

+2
In asia one of the most common ways to give an elongated jawline and soften the posterior jaw is to inject botox into the masseter muscle, which may be an option for you.  Please only go to a physician trained in doing this and who has done it often like myself, otherwise you can have difficulty chewing and holding food in your mouth for 3 months after treatment if it is not injected properly.  Also, botox under the jaw can help give a neck lift and tightening by working on the platysma muscle.  I typically add filler, radiesse or sculptra, or in a combination of both, to build collagen and stimulate the jaw to tighten and give contour, this works very well.  On top of it all we typically do Fraxel and Thermage or Ultera to address both the texture of the skin and to tighten the skin.  Most of our patients in their 50s, look in their 30s.  We would gladly take care of you in the office.  I wish you the best, Dr. Emer.

? Botox for jawline and neck

+2
Some medications are used off-label by board-certified dermatologists and plastic surgeons because if we all waited for the FDA to approve of treatments, then we would have very few safe options.  For example compounding a topical steroid with an antibiotic to treat perioral dermatitis, and for many years dermatologists injected Botox into crow's feet wrinkles before it finally was FDA approved this year.  One more example:  For many years, dermatologists studied and offered injection of Botox into the armpits for sweating until it finally was FDA-approved. 

It is important that the off-label treatment be discussed and that it be consented to formally in the physicians consent form.

There are many ways to rejuvenate and slenderize the chin, jowls, neck.  Some experienced and skilled dermatologists and plastic surgeons do offer Botox treatments for the jawline and neck, and it is sometimes referred to as the Nefertiti Lift.  Botox may also be injected lower in the platysma muscle on the neck to reduce wrinkles.  However, Botox only lasts 3-4 mths.

If you have residual fat under the chin or jowls, you may consider Lipodissolve.  Another option, for saggy skin of the neck and chin, would be to have skin tightening with either Ulthera, Radiofrequency (Invasix, EMatrix) or with Gentle Yag Laser (Fotona 1064nm).  Despite what the manufacterers might claim for these treatments being "one-time only" most of them, in my opinion, need multiple treatments. At our office we prefer the Gentle Yag because it is the least painful, the fastest, and least down-time.

Anyway, good luck

Karen Stolman, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for jowls

+1
A combination of Botox and Thermage would yield the best result for you.  Injecting Botox into the masseter muscle can help slim your face.  Thermage would tighten it up as well and help treat the slight double chin and rejuvenate your jawline.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with both procedures for the best results.

Michele S. Green, MD

Can you make your jawline or neck area more defined with botox?

+1
Yes. Botox can reduce the bulk of certain muscles of mastication and improve the have of your face around the jaw quite effectively. 

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neuromodulators (Botox, Dysport, Xeomin) Can Be Used To Improve The Jawline & Neck

+1
Botox, as well as the two other available neuromodulatoers, Dysport and Xeomin, have in fact been used to improve the jawline and neck for many years. Almost twenty years ago, I was already routinely using Botox to treat the ropey, vertical cords on the neck. A few years later, the so-called "Nefertiti Lift" (named after King Tut's stepmother who possessed the perfect chiseled jawline) came on the scene. In this procedure small droplets of Botox are not only instilled into the platysma muscle of the neck, but along the jawline, with the intention of not only tightening the neck, but of directly straightening and defining the jawline itself.

More recently, it has become fashionable, particularly among individuals of Asian background wishing to soften the broadness or sqaureness of the lowermost portion of the cheeks, to have the masseter (chewing) muscle injected with Botox. All of these techniques are sophisticated uses of neuromodulators and are best left in the hands of board certified core aesthetic physicians with extensive experience  in their use within the lower face and neck.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Botox for jowls and double chin

+1
Botox will not significantly impact double chin and this treatment is off label and not approved by FDA. Botox injections for jowls requires expertise with Botox that not every dermatologist has . This area is also not approved by FDA and thus I do not recommend. 

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon