How Much Does Having Your Under-eye Area Treated with a Filler Cost in San Francisco?

I'm definitely beginning to notice that the area under eyes is beginning to hollow. What's the typical duration of a treatment. How much to have naso-labial fold treated as well? Thank you.

Restylane seems to be the best product for treating under the eyes

+1

I completely agree that Restylane seems to be the best product for treating under the eyes.  Juvederm does not seem to hold in this area quite as well.  Perlane is generally a little too hard to work this in this area.  Fat grafting and sculptra have been associated with lumps and bumps that are difficult to correct in the thin lower eyelid area.  The hyaluronic acid filler products can be readily adjusted with the use of the enzyme hyaluronidase when needed.

Correction of under eye hollows with Restylane

+1

The under eye hollows (tear troughs) are very popular areas that I correct in my practice. My filler of choice is Restylane, as it provides a smooth contour between the eyelids and cheeks without the product being visible through the thin skin afterward. The other advantage is that in the unlikely event of a lump or overcorrection, Restylane can be immediately reversed with the injection of hyaluronidase. The cost for this product is usually in the $500-$600 range for 1 syringe, which is typically enough for the under eyes. A recent study indicated that this under-eye correction can last up to two years. I would highly recommend that patients avoid permanent fillers in this area as these products cannot be dissolved or removed without surgery. I have seen many patients come in with terrible lumps of silicone or Artefill related to procedures done at other clinics. The issue with permanent fillers is that even if they look absolutely perfect right after the injection, your eyes and cheeks continue to change and evolve over your lifetime.

A second syringe of filler may be needed for the nasolabial folds. In this area, I use a multitude of products: Juvederm Ultra, Juvederm Ultra Plus, Perlane, Restylane, Radiesse etc., and the cost per syringe is in the similar range.

Regards,

Dr. Mehta

Umang Mehta, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon