I Need Your Expert Opinions on a Rhinoplasty Please? (photo)

I am not that happy with the appearance of my nose, I can't pin point what it is about my nose that I don't like. What could I do to improve the appearance of my nose without drastically changing changing it? I would want it looking as natural as possible and match my face.

Rhinoplasty Evaluation

+2

I see some things that I believe bother you.  The areas I see are:

• A high dorsal hump
  • wide tip with broad cartilages
  • hanging columella

These are common problems that are regularly addressed with rhinoplasty.  I have a patient whose photos are on my website with an almost identical looking nose prior to surgery.  Feel free to look at her before-and-after photos.  I will provide a link to them. 

Of course, no two noses are exactly alike.  And, each nose has to fit the persons face and personality.  For this, we provide 3D imaging where we simulate the surgery before doing anything.  This helps to insure that you and I are both on the same page prior to surgery for the best overall result.

Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

What changes should be made to my nose?

+2

I agree that you could undergo a conservative procedure to refine the nasal tip and reduce the dorsal hump. However, it's important that you are comfortable with the modifications made to your nose. Your best bet is to work with your surgeon to pinpoint what it is you don't like about your nose so the most appropriate surgical plan can be implemented. This will ensure that you, ultimately, get results that you love.

Ahmed Abdullah, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+2

You are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty. Your profile shows hump that needs to be reduced so that your nose is brought closer to your face. I would do this with a closed rhinoplasty. For an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon, your case should be straightforward. Your choice of surgeon will be the most important decision.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Natural Rhinoplasty Results

+2

The tip of your nose should be narrowed and the hump reduced. An experienced surgeon will discuss your goals and how to achieve a natural result.

Rhinoplasty opinion

+2

It is important for any changes that your rhinoplasty surgeon plans on making to be something that actually bothers you. Otherwise, it's unlikely that you'll be happy with the results.

From your photos I can see that your tip overly rounded or bulbous and your bridge (on profile view) has a bump that can be smoothed out.

I suspect that digial morphing would allow you to see whether changing those things would improve your feelings about your nasal appearance.

You can check out my web reference link below to learn more about bulbous nose repair.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

I Need Your Expert Opinions on a Rhinoplasty Please?

+2

Yes you could benefit from a v=conservative rhinoplasty. But best to seek IN PERSON evaluations to understand these options 

Expert Opinion on Rhinoplasty Surgery

+2

I would recommend reducing the bridge height along with osteotomies to reposition the nasal bones. I would also refine your bulbous nasal tip to give it more definition.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Aesthetic rhinoplasty

+2

It is important to hear from patients about their concerns and ideals regarding the specific changes patient's want to make with their nose.   In this particular nose shaving down the dorsal hump to refine the bridge line, narrowing the bridge with osteotomies,and a refinement of the tip will be performed by closed rhinoplasty. This can be performed under brief general anesthesia as an outpatient procedure. It's important to keep the nose is naturally appearing so does not look surgically  altered.

Natural Appearing Rhinoplasty

+2

Each person has certain parts of their nose that they like and some parts that they might not like. I always take this into account prior to performing rhinoplasty. This is particularly true in certain ethnic groups in which aesthetic ideals might not match those for someone of a different ethnicity. Since you cannot pinpoint what it is that bothers you about your nose, I would urge you to consider the appearance of the dorsal hump ("bump") that can be straightened and the nasal tip width, which could be narrowed to a less bulbous, less round shape. You should also think about whether or not you have any trouble breathing through your nose, since such problems can be addressed at the time of rhinoplasty. All in all, the idea is to make small changes that are in agreement with your personal aesthetic ideals while maintaining harmony with your other facial features.

Jeremy B. White, MD
Aventura Plastic Surgeon