Do Your Breasts Become Big Again After BR?

Hello and thank you for you're time.... I had a BR last August taking me from a 30GG to a 30DD although they were tiny on the day.I now feel like im back to square one as they feel very full and tender agin and have grown to a 30FF i have weighed the same weight of 58kg and 5ft 3 ins.Do you think its hormonal as im 46 years old? They just feel so uncomfortable and its making me very miserable.

Can Breasts Get Bigger After Breast Reduction?

+2

Hello. It is common to see dramatic increase in breast size due to weight gain and hormonal imbalance. Since you have not gained a considerable amount of weight I recommend that you consult your physician and plastic surgeon to diagnose the cause of your breast enlargement.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Reduction Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Rapid Breast Growth after Breast Reduction?

+2

Given that your breasts have increased in size rather rapidly (despite maintaining the same weight), I would suggest that you seek consultation with an endocrinologist and/or experienced GYN physician.  After  obtaining your history and performing a physical examination and obtaining  appropriate laboratory work,  they may be able to suggest the reason for the rapid breast growth. Only after a “diagnosis” has been made would I suggest repeat follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Breast hyper trophy after reduction

+2

Thank you for your  question.  Generally speaking the two most common causes of breast hyperthyroid after reduction are weight gain and hormonal imbalance. I suggest you follow up with your plastic surgeon for evaluation. 

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Breast Growth Following Breast Reduction Can Be Caused by Weight Gain & an Underlying Hormonal Imbalance

+1

When considering breast reduction, it's best to wait until the breasts have stopped growing.  Ideally, it would be best to wait until there is no breast growth during the eight months preceding the operation.  If the breasts have stopped growing and a breast reduction is performed, further breast growth is very likely due to weight gain.  If no weight gain can be identified, then it is possible that there is an underlying hormonal imbalance.  If regrowth after breast reduction occurs, then it is very important to consult your plastic surgeon so the cause can be ascertained.

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon