When is the Right Time to Have Liposuction and Tummy Tuck? Please Read Carefully.

I am now at %24 body fat percentage, and planning to bulk up for a year. Ive got some extra skin around all my body and , obviously, some fat. My goal is to reach %8 fat bp, tonned, and have muscles. So after my bulk up phase, I will be doing cutting phase where I will lose fat and keep muscles. So I am thinking if i should all body lipo and extra skin cut AFTER my bulk up phase ? or BEFORE ? or AFTER my cutting or BEFORE? or dont matter?

Procedures after or before?

+2

In my opinion, the best way to do it is when you are on your ideal weight and you have accomplished what you want first. It's important to remember that Plastic surgery is not a weight loss method, it' countouring.... If you are on a weight that is inadequate and you have procedures done, there's a high possibility that when you try to get where you have to be, your results are not the expected ones.

The best of luck!

When is the Right Time to Have Liposuction and Tummy Tuck?

+1

Dear OM,

Thank you for your question.  In general, getting to your ideal body first before doing surgery would give you the best result as the skin can be contoured around your new curves.  However, you will lose some muscle mass during your recovery.  If you are ok with this, then do it that way.  If not, do it now before your do the work.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and Liposuction Before Diet and Exercise Modifications

+1

You can make an argument that surgical body modifications should be done before you go through the extreme processes of bulking up and then cutting. Once you get your muscles bulked it will be hard to take 6 weeks off from doing that and watch some of that effort waste away. The fat part may not matter that much either way but removing loose skin before you start the process seems like a better approach that afterwards.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

+1

I would go through the bulking and then cutting phases until you have established your goal.  Then you can have the tummy tuck and liposuction.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Should be at your ideal body weight prior to body contouring surgery

+1

The best time to consider body contouring surgery whether liposuction or abdominoplasty is when you are at a stable weight and ideal weight. 

Surgery Timing

+1

I believe that it would be better to achieve your ideal body composition, then be evaluated for skin reduction surgery. Best of luck.

Donald Griffin, MD

Timing For Body Contouring Surgery?

+1

Achieve your long-term stable weight prior to undergoing body contouring surgery. Doing so will help minimize the risks of the procedure and improve the long-term outcome. Also, by achieving your long-term stable weight prior to proceeding, you will help minimize the need for additional surgery down the line.

The “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable,  has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, does not smoke, is capable of arranging enough recovery time and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

+1

As a general rule, it is best to do body contouring when you have reached your goal weight and body composition. Without photos, and some height and weight info it is not possible to offer anything more specific.  All the best.