How Young is TOO Young for a Botox Eyebrow Lift? (photo)

I have a slight hooded eye and my eyebrows lie flat across my face. When I relax the muscles in my forehead, my eyelids droop and my eyebrows fall. Would a Botox eyebrow lift help with this? How young is too young? Some doctors feedback would be great. Attached are two pictures of relaxing my forehead muscles and one of me holding the muscles. I like the look when I'm holding my muscles and I would like it to look like this all the time. Price estimates?

How Young is TOO Young for a Botox Eyebrow Lift?

+1

Your photo in repose shows a very refined, arched brow shape. I would not recommend a look as extreme as what you suggest with the second photo. Further, this would be challenging to achieve with Botox alone. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox brow lift

+1

Botox is approved for patients 18 and older and can be used to lift the lateral brow in patients with a flat brow or lateral hooding.  The cost depends on the office but usually <$60 for just the lateral brow lift.  Your photo on the left has a natural lateral brow arch already.  It is difficult to see any lateral lid hooding.  Your desired look on the right is not achievable with Botox.  That amount of lift is not possible with Botox.  Even non-invasive technologies will not likely provide that amount of lift. 

Elizabeth Kim, MD

Any adult age is suitable for botox brow lift

+1

Botox can give a subtle lift to a brow in need. You definitely dont want to overdo it. Start conservatively. Also there are other skin tightening treatments out that would give somewhat longer benefit.

Christopher J. Peers, MD
South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox Eyebrow Lift

+1

We are seeing younger and younger patient coming in for Botox treatment because of preventive medicine to slow the wrinkling process. Patient come in in their mid 20's.

From the photos, Botox is unlikely to get that much elevation, but is worth a try.Non-surgical forehead skin tightening such as Titan by Cutera or Thermage might give you a result. However I have done forehead lifts on the younger patients just for this reason.

David Ellis MD FRSCS Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon at Art of Facial Surgery

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow position and botulinum toxin

+1

Your brows in the left hand picture have a natural arch to them already and would be considered an example of an ideal brow. Fullness in the upper eyelid is actually youthful, and excessively high eyebrows have been found to make people look strange and older. What you are simulating in the right hand picture is known as "Mr Spock deformity" which can occur when botulinum toxin is injected badly, and your outer eyebrow is excessively elevated. Certain celebrities who have overdone botulinum toxin use have this feature. Your eyelid is in the correct position and would not be classed as "droopy". Your simulation on the right places the eyebrow in a very unnatural position. I am sure if you ask around enough physicians, someone will take your money (provided you are over 18) but I do not think you will look better.      

Simone Matousek, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Brow lift at any age

+1

Botox can do the trick temporarily but you may want to consider Ultherapy which is non invasive and FDA approved for this specific purpose.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Botox and brow lift

+1

Cosmetic Botox is appropriate for 18 years and older. If you're interested in the look on the right, it's probably attainable, but is an unnatural position for a brow.

Sam Naficy, MD

Botox

+1

The simulated result shown on the right is overly dramatic and not aesthetically advisable with Botox or with surgical procedures. Botox can be used in patients older than 18, but is much more commonly utilized in patients twice this age. The blessing and the downside of Botox is that it only lasts 3-4 months. Therefore if you desire such a result and don't like it, the effects aren't permanent. 

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox is approved for people 18 and older

+1

Botox is approved for people 18 and over. With that being said, you are wanting a very dramatic eyebrow lift and I'm not sure this can be achieved with just Botox. If you want that significant of an arch and dramatic raise, you might be more inclined to visit a plastic surgeon for an estimate for an actual surgical alteration. Botox absolutely provides some lift, but you are pulling up rather a lot in the "post" photo you want, and Botox, in my opinion, isn't going to give you enough of a lift to achieve all of this.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD