Is a Lip Implant A Good Option For Asymmetry? What Are The Risks?

I have some significant asymmetry in my lips. I've had Juvederm and been happy with it, but I've found the correction only lasts about 2-3 months. I would like a more permanent solution, and I've been doing some research on lip implants, specifically the permalip implant. My goal isn't drastically fuller lips -- just an improvement of the symmetry... so I guess my question is twofold: 1) Can a lip implant correct symmetry issues 2) Am I likely to have future problems, seeing as I'm only 27?

Lip implant

+2

I am not familiar with the type of implant you mentioned but I really think that fillers are the way to go.  Fat transfer to your lips may result in a much longer or even permanent improvement in the balance of your lips. 

The lips are actually very specialized muscles covered by a thin layer of skin.  Putting anything into them that does not move with the muscle could result in a weird look when smiling or speaking.  I have yet to meet a lip implant that I like more than the currently available filler. 

Lip implants help correct asymmetric lips.

+1

Lip implants ($1500-2000 per implant) help correct lip asymmetries and irregularities permanently and are done under local anesthesia and quite easy to get put in.  If juvederm has been doing good for you, then you should love the lip implants.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon