I Am Young 20 I Just Had a Baby Five Months Ago Will my Fat Go Away or Should Or Look into Lipo?

I have been exercising like crazy but my stomach thighs and love handles are a huge problem should I keep working out or should I just get lipo

I just had a baby 5 months ago, should I have lipo?

+1

Congratulations on your new bundle of joy!!  Being that you are only 20 years old, I would continue to exercise and eat a healthy diet.  I know it can be challenging with a new baby, but try to give yourself at least a year to see what weight comes off with diligent work.  If you are planning on having more kids soon, you may want to wait on any surgery and save money.  When you are done with kids and have given enough time for your body to recover, re-evaluate at that time and if need be, go see a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

I Just Had a Baby Five Months Ago Will my Fat Go Away or Should Or Look into Lipo?

+1

Keep up the exercising, and have some patience. It often takes a year to recover from a pregancy. If you keep it up,  most will obtain a better result than would come from liposuction. All the best. 

20 year old and weight issue after pregnancy

+1

If you are able to actively lose the weight, then you are better off avoiding surgery to accomplish that.

+1

You know your body better than any of us.  If there is loose skin then a tummy tuck may produce the best results.  If there is just residual fat that is not decreasing in the slightest, then liposuction can be considered.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Body after Baby

+1

It generally takes a year for your body to recover after having a baby.  While a tummy tuck or liposuction may be an option, in the future, it is best to wait until after you are finished having children before having these procedures done to maximize your results.

Mark Deutsch, MD

Liposuction can really help make that hard task of losing the inches easier after pregnancy.``

+1

Many patients start exercising and dieting after pregnancy and just get nowhere so the liposuction has really helped with those trouble stubborn areas and can be done as soon as 2 months after delivery. sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Fatty deposits after pregancy

+1

What you are experiencing is quite normal and expected. You are only 5 months postpartum, and your body will continue to improve with time with continued efforts on your part involving a healthy diet and regular exercise. When the skin and muscles are stretched from pregnancy, your efforts may only go so far. Liposuction is a great way to remove fat from the area, but does not tighten the skin or treat any muscle bulging from the pregnancy. If you have a lot of loose skin or stretch marks, a tummy tuck may be the better option, but I would definitely wait until you are finished childbearing as a future pregnancy may cause recurrent contour problems. Enjoy your baby and when things have leveled out you can always go in for a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to see what you may be a candidate for. 

Hayley Brown, MD

Take time to get back in shape after pregnancy

+1

It may take up to a year to get your body back after pregnancy so be patient with yourself. If there were bulges or full areas you "inherited" before pregnancy, these may need help later on, but wait until you are back to normal you before liposuction.

Liposuction After Pregnancy

+1

While some form of plastic surgery (liposuction vs tummy tuck) may be inevitable to achieve your goals, you owe it to yourself to take up to a year after having your baby to see what you can do on your own. Whether the fat and loose skin you want gone will go away by your efforts or not remains to be seen.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD