Tretinoin is No Longer Available in the UK Due to Janssen Cilag Discontinuing Stocks, What Can I Replace It With?

Please help guys. Tretinoin has been discontinued in the UK, what can I use instead of? It's for mild acne and acne scarring, and also wrinkles. I really love tretinoin and I'm devastated its gone. I've found Tazorac on line but my GP and Chemist could not find it, is it an american thing? Is differin any good? Please, please, please help, it has taken me years to get my skin to the level it is and really don't want to return to the state it previously was. Retin A was a godsend...

Replacing Tretinoin

+1

Thank you for your question. Differin gel is also in the same class of medications as Tretinoin and has similar efficacy. You may use this as a replacement for Tretinoin as they are both Vitamin A creams used for acne and fine lines. Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist with expertise in acne for the most effective and safe treatment options. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Tretinoin no longer available in UK

+1

There are many versions of tretinoin prescriptions and retin A's - Tretinoin, Renova, Tazorac, Atralin, Ziana, and many, many others. Differin isn't the same thing, and wouldn't be comparable for wrinkle purposes. There are many comparable products that should still be available in the UK - just because one brand is gone. Consider going to a dermatologist and asking them.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.