What's Best Procedures for my Body? (photo)

I am 23 and have 2 children. I am finished childbearing. I would like a professional opinion before a formal consultation to help me prioritize, and have realistic expectations. I would like to have a mini or full tummy tuck with a natural, full cup size. Also what financing is available?

What's Best Procedures for my Body?

+3

An in person exam is really needed to get the best advice. Chances are a full tummy tuck will be advised. A mini-TT is useful only on a minority of patients whose problem is limited to the lower abdomen. Most patients have issues both above and below the navel, and that appears to be the case on the attached photo. 

As to the breast, a modest sized silicone gel implant should let you reach your goal. 

When you are ready for an in person consultation,RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Which operation is best for me?

+2

Nothing beats having a consultation. I would be leaning towards a full tummy tuck based on your photos and the amount of skin your have now. I might be leaning towards a breast augmentation. but cannot tell if your arms are pulling the breasts up. Have 3 consultations with board certified plastic surgeons and get educated on the procedures. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

What are the Best Procedures for my Body?

+2

Breast augmentation coupled with a short scar tummy tuck will yield the best result for you.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and breast augmentation procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Mommy-Makeover-photo-galleries.php

Best Procedures for my Body (Breasts and Abdomen)?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture. Of course, in person examination and a full communication of your goals would be necessary to provide you with the most accurate and meaningful advice.

Based on your picture and history, I think you will do best with breast augmentation surgery along with a full tummy tuck operation.

In my opinion, the mini tummy tuck is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.

For most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. Of course, there are downsides (including a longer scar and probably a longer recovery time) but for most patients the benefits outweigh the downsides. It is not unusual to see patients who've had mini tummy tuck  surgery present for  revisionary surgery.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_mommyMakeover.htm

Mommy makeover procedure

+2

Based on your photo, I would recommend a full tummy tuck and a breast augmentation.A mini- tummy tuck will not remove sufficient skin in your case.These procedures can be combined in one stage provided you are in good overall health. I would consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon for a complete examination. Most plastic surgeons offer CareCredit for financing.

Dr.Bruno

Web reference: http://www.williambrunomd.com

Mommy makeover results

+1

It looks like you would benefit from a tummy tuck and breast augmentation.  You are close to your ideal weight and should do well.

Deciding what to Do

+1

Personal preference plays a role in the decision making process as far as which procedures are indicated.  Your abdomen is fairly straight forward:  You have a skin crease 2/3 of the way across the lower abdomen, so a standard tummy tuck would be a “no-brainer”.  You can get rid of most of the stretch marks from below your belly button.  If you like low-cut underwear / pants, you can get a lower scar by making your incision slightly extended.  Based on the photo, it appears your right breast has more volume than the left, and they have a slight amount of droop.  If you like the overall shape but wish they were larger, asymmetric implants could be the solution.  If you are happy with the volume but wish they were “perkier”, then a breast lift is the cure (note: normally when you do a tummy tuck, the breasts appear slightly larger, since the abdomen is pulled in.)

Dr.B

Web reference: http://www.thedallasmommymakeover.com/mommy-makeover/abdominoplasty-augmentation.cfm

The best options

+1

While an actual exam is a must, I can see that a full tummy tuck would most likely be the best approach to your abdomen.  Those stretch marks and diastasis will best be addressed with the full tummy tuck.  Just by the picture, you probably need a lift with an implant as well.

Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover

+1

You would likely benefit from a breast augmentation and tummy tuck procedures.Most surgeons refer to a "mommy makeover" as a series of cosmetic surgery procedures intended to restore a woman’s figure after pregnancy. I perform these procedures as part of a “mommy makeover” for patients who want an improved figure after having children. Pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding can take a serious toll on a woman’s body, and many moms find that no amount of diet and exercise can restore their pre-baby figures.

Procedures commonly performed during mommy makeovers include:
Abominoplasty (tummy tuck)Breast Augmentation +/- Lift, or Breast Lift only without implants, liposuction

These procedures can be performed in one stage or multiple stages depending on the patient's goals, health status and other screening criteria. After pregnancy, breasts can lose their youthful position and shape, the tummy can become stretched and lose its tone, and extra fat may get deposited in areas that are not so flattering. The plastic surgery procedures above are intended to correct those conditions and help restore your pre-pregnancy figure.

Please see a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Abdominoplasty with Mesh Reinforcement and Mini Ultimate Breast Lift

+1

Since you plan on no further children I recommend Abdominoplasty with Mesh Reinforcement and The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Abdominoplasty with Mesh Reinforcement increases the mechanical strength of your abdominal wall, creates an hourglass figure and keeps the abdomen flat.  This technique results in weight reduction and maintains the reduced weight.  The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift uses only a circumareola incision to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevates them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection and avoids the need for implants.  If you want to be larger, an implant can be placed simultaneously through the same incision.  Both procedures can be simultaneously since you appear to be quite small.  Financing is available through CareCredit.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://spectrum.ieee.org/geek-life/profiles/weight-loss-surgery-as-systems-engineering

Texas Plastic Surgeon