How is a Yin Deficiency Related to Facelift Acupuncture?

How is it determined if someone is the best candidate for facelift acupuncture? or would really benefit from that treatment?

Acupuncture facelift. Does it work?

+2
Over 25 years ago I attended a one day course on accupuncture face lift . This included a demonstration wherein the subject raved about how much it changed her. The power of suggestion was never so evident in my opinion . The before and after pictures I took showed absolutely no change. I was fully impressed with the uselessness of this modality for facial rejuvenation.

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift accupuncture

+2

It is not possible to achieve an elevation of the face with accupuncture. If you are really interested in a facelift you should seek out a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in the procedure you want. It is very common  in human nature to seek the easy way, but to date there are no shortcuts to creating an attractive youthful countenance.  Sorry to have to tell you this but I tell my own patients it is always better to do nothing and save your money than to do the wrong thing.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Acupuncture facelift

+2

hard to tell if this is a serious question. if it were that simple why would anyone ever have surgery? suggest you do a little more looking.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Acupuncture face lift

+1

As stated by others there is no anatomical basis why acupuncture should have any lasting effect.  There could be very short term improvement from swelling.

Sam Naficy, MD

Facelift - Yin Deficiency and a Acupuncture Facelift?

+1

It is very difficult to answer a question like this - you would first have to define exactly what you mean by an Accupuncture Facelift and then see if there is literature supporting this (or any other) position.  I suspect there isn't, so getting a scientific answer will be difficult.  That being said, I cannot overstate the importance of (in general) a patient being comfortable and at ease with the proposed procedures, the date of the surgery, the manner in which it will be done (facility, staff), the surgeon (obviously) and all other aspects of the procedure.  Exactly what that should be termed is an issue of semantics but I am well aware of the basic principles. 

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Acupuncture Facelift

+1

Acupuncture Facelift falls into that group of procedures that are advertised everywhere for facial rejuvenation without surgery that sound too good to be true. They are. The only proven way to lift the tissues of the face is with surgery. There are no short cuts (other than some shorter scar techniques). I have looked at the sites that have before and after pictures of acupuncture facelifts. All of the improvement seems to be due to differences in lighting (a common method of fooling the unwary). A report in the Washingtonian magazine of a reporter who had an acupuncture facelift found no improvement that anyone else could see. Save your money and put it where you will see a real difference. See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. If surgery is not for you right now, there are multiple other less invasive methods that really do make a difference.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

How about the Acupuncture Facelift?

+1

From my discussions with experienced and credible acupuncture therapist, I learnt that this treatment modality is usually not used for facial aging involving eyelids, lower face and neck.

I would not expect any significant improvement in your facial aesthetics from acupuncture. Have your acupuncturist demonstrate comparable photographs first.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift and acupuncture

+1

A facelift cannot be achieved with acupuncture.  It is the power of suggestion at work.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Accupuncture Facelift: Save Your Money

+1

An acupuncture Facelift is the equivalent of a low calorie greasy pork sandwich.  The two words don't belong in the same sentence together.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon