I Had a 35% Salicylic and 30% Glycolic Peel, 3 of my Dark Spots Bled and I Can See How I Lost a Layer of my Skin, Normal?

I had yesterday at the spa a 35% salicylic peel, left it for 10 min, and right after a 30% glycolic peel. I had before 4 salicylic peel(10% 15%, 20%, 30%)n 1 glycolic peel(25%)but never the same day. Yesterday, while i was having the peeling,3of my dark spots start bleeding, now i can see, in all my brown spot areas how i lost a layer of my skin inmediately after the peel.There is now dry blood and bronwness in circles,u can see the different betweemy skin n circles where the is a layer less.

Deep peels can be dangerous

+1

In my opinion, deep peels can be dangerous for reasons like you have sited. I hope the peel was done in a physician's office or under a physician's care. Bleeding after peels is not normal, and in my opinion is dangerous. I would suggest you contact the office that did the peel so you can be evaluated and get any postcare instructions to stop anything dangerous from occurring.

Healing after chemical peels

+1

Chemical peels are essentially chemical burns and depending on the type of peel and sometimes, the length of time that you leave it on for it will determine the depth of the peel and hence determine the healing time.  The best treatment to heal from any peel is to use an emollient moisturizer such as Aquaphor or white petrolatum such as vaseline.  This basically mimics the environment that the new skin below needs to be able to heal itself.  Areas that are deeper (such as the spots you were referring to) will need more time with more emollient (maybe even 3-4 times/day or more in the beginning).  I basically tell my patients that you can't get in trouble unless you let things get dried out, crusty, or scabby.  Also remember that you will need to protect this new skin diligently with daily SPF at least 30 to prevent post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.

Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon