Is Yellow Drainage from my Incision Normal Two Weeks After a Tummy Tuck? (Photos)

I had a BR and TT 2 ½ weeks ago. I am concerned about a spot in the middle of my incision that is draining. I still have both of my drains in. The fluid in the bulbs is clear, and in a 24 hour period I am draining about 20cc on each side. I have seen my PS and he has told me to change the gauze/telfa pad twice a day, once in the morning then once after my shower. I use dial soap and put bacitracin ointment on the draining area when I change my dressing. I am on Doxycycl. No fever, pain, or odor.

Drainage from tummy tuck

+2

Thanks for the photos.  based upon your description it sounds like it may just be superficial separation. It also appears that your doctor is working very closely with you to get it healed.  Keep up the good work and follow closely withyour surgeon.

Yellow Drainage after TT

+2

Your pictures are helpful. This kind of drainage is not uncommon, and it is good that there is no odor, fever or pain. I looks to me as if the skin is becoming too damp and this is made worse with the ointment. I would have you switch to Bactriban cream or Silvadine cream. Try to change the dressing frequently, and continue to see your surgeon as you are currenty doing.

Drainage from Tummy Tuck Incision?

+2

Thank you for the question had pictures.

Yes,  some serous  drainage from a superficial  separation of  the tummy tuck incision  is not unusual.  I'm happy to hear that you are following up closely with your plastic surgeon who is in the best position to advise you and rule out/treat complications  that may arise.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm