3 Years Ago I Had a Vitalize Peel then Microderm a Year Later?

I had a vitalize peel 3 yrs ago. I left it on overnight as instructed. I did an hour pilates the next morning with it on at 6 am, not thinking about the peel. Then rinsed and washed gently immediately after. Did my working out leave me with the redness I experienced under my mouth? I went to a derm and was advised to have microderm to even out the peaks and valleys. I had 2 done and after the second decided to never do it again because I felt raw. Especially under my mouth. It still burns today.

Choosing between chemical peels - MelaPeel in Los Angeles

+1

You may be exfoliating excessively.  I routinely advocate the MelaPeel to help with discoloration as there is no significant downtime with the procedure. Carefully control the amount of exfoliative agents you use to control the burning. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Irritated after a skin treatment

+1

Be careful with any peel that leaves your skin irritated or blistered.  This can lead to scarring and post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.