It's Been 3 Years Now and the Tip of my Nose Has Not Healed Yet

Do I need another surgery to make it look even with the other tip?

Nasal Tip 3 Years after Rhinoplasty

+1

It is extremely unlikely your tip will change 3 years after rhinoplasty. You have been patient, but it is time to consider options to improve your appearance. See your original surgeon or an experienced revision rhinoplasty specialist.

Tip Rhinoplasty Revision After 3 Years

+1

In general, most rhinoplasty patients reach a plateau in their healing after 1-2 years. That being said, I have many patients in my practice who have taken up to 3-4 years before their noses settle completely. Most of these rhinoplasty patients have fairly thick, ethnic skin that simply takes that long to thin and shrink wrap down to the new shape. If you have some asymmetry of the nasal tip after three years, you might benefit from undergoing a revision procedure. This may or may not involve formal surgery to create more symmetry. In some cases cartilage grafting is necessary to achieve the desired results, whereas in other cases some form of a permanent filler can be used with successful outcomes. Make sure you consult with a rhinoplasty surgeon who is experienced in revision cases.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fixing uneven nasal tip

+1

Depending on the nature of the asymmetry and the suppleness of the skin envelope, different options may be available to you such as open revision with suture repair and/org grafts. Alternatively, fillers may be a resonable option for a minor asymmetry.