Ear cartilage to Fix Tip of Nose. How Secure is It?

4 Years Ago I Had a Rhinoplasty Procedure to Fix the Tip of my Nose. How Secure is It? Ear cartilage was used to apply a suturing technique. I recently had a facial and the esthetician pressed down on the tip with extreme force. I'm worried this caused the tip to drop. How secure is the tip after 4 years of Nasal Tip Rhinoplasty surgery?

Cartilage graft stability in nose.

+1

Your graft is well healed and should be very stable in its place, I would not be concerned about it moving at this point.

Ear Cartilage works great for rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Max,

Ear cartilage is frequently used in rhinoplasty and four years after your surgery, I would have very little concern that trauma to the nose could disrupt the graft.  It should be very secure at this point.  If you still notice tip drooping, see your rhinoplasty surgeon for further evaluation.

Good Luck!

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose Job and Tip Grafting

+1

Dear rhinoplasty patient from Van Nuys California,
Since you had your rhinoplasty with tip grafting 4 years ago, minor trauma or facials by esthetician will not affect your nose. Your graft is completely secured and healed. Enjoy you beautiful nose.

Kevin Sadati, DO

Cartilage graft to nose

+1

Ear cartilage is often used to camouflag or augment the tip of the nose. In most cases, this graft is secured with sutures. By 4 years it should be fixed in place with scar tissue and should be very secure.