9 Years Post Op Rhinoplasty. Will Picking or Popping Pimples/blackheads Damage Nose?

I had a revision 9 years ago with rib grafts. Over the years, I have of course done normal things with my nose such as blowing it, picking it to clean it out, and squeezing blackheads. I did not do this within the weeks or months after surgery (that I remember). Nearly ten years post op, am I going to harm the result?

9 years post-op rhinoplasty. Will picking or popping pimples/blackheads damage nose?

+1

After 9 years, squeezing blackheads should not cause an issue. However, I would recommend being gentle, as you do not want to irritate the nose. A board certified dermatologist should be able to provide you with advice. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

+1

After 9 years, it would be unusual to be able to cause damage to a rhinoplasty result from picking or popping.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Skin Care 9 Years after Rhinoplasty

+1

Skin care will not impact the underlying structural changes achieved with your rhinoplasty surgery 9 years ago. However, chronic skin problems can changes the appearance of your nose. You should consult with your primary care physician or a dermatologist to eliminate the persistent pimples and skin eruptions.

Performing extractions years after rhinoplasty

+1

You are in the clear when it comes to doing the things you describe and are not causing any damage to your nose.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD