I'm 4 Years Post-op on a Lap Band and I Have Some Bad Port Site Pain. What Could It Be?

Hello. I had Lap Band surgery in June 2008. Since then, I've lost about 70 pounds and feel great. I've been training for a marathon, and I've progressed really well. But this week, I was running, tripped, and caught myself. Since then I have had a really bad pain in my port area. Now it hurts with certain movements and to the touch. There's no redness or sign of infection, and I have no difficulties with food. Could this just be a pulled muscle or something worse? How long does it take to heal?

Post op with Lap-Band

+1

You should check with the clinic or surgeon that did the Lap Band surgery.  There could be a hernia or some bruising if you have been active.  This requires an examination by a physician to determine the most likely diagnosis.

Mississauga Bariatric Surgeon