How Many Years Can I Get Perlane?

For How Many Years Can Someone Get Perlane for Nasolabial Folds/jaw, Unlimited? Does the skin break down from the injections. I am Avery young 64, look 50 with no ps. At some age do they not work? Can I have a face lift later?

No limit to Perlane injections

+2

Perlane is made if hyaluronic acid, a natural substance in our skin.  It is a temporary filler since our body slowly break it down. However, our skin itself does not break down and there is no limitation as to how many times you can get Perlane injections. Also, you skin also generates new collagen with repeated injection. You are at a perfect age to have filler injections and there is no problem to have face lift later if you need it.

Perlane limitations

+1

Regular use of any dermal filler over the course of several years is definitely fine, and you are able to have cosmetic procedures without restrictions with filler use.

Sam Naficy, MD

Perlane can be a life long treatment

+1

The great news about having treatment with fillers, like Perlane, is that you can have them throughout your life...you are never too young or too old.  Fillers don't stretch the skin out to a point where it doesn't snap back or ends up looking like a deflated balloon when the fillers have broken down. If you are considering a face lift, I would suggest having your consultation when your fillers are at their lowest point (most worn off) just so the surgeon has as clear a picture as possible of what to do for you and what your wishes or expectations are.  Many of our face lift patients continue to have fillers after their face lifts to address some of the fine lines or volume deficiencies that surgery won't address.

Dr. Grant Stevens          

Grant Stevens, MD

Never too old to have Perlane

+1

There is really no age limit for dermal filler injections. I have many patients older than you who still have great results from fillers. The use of fillers does not affect any future surgery. You can definitely have a facelift after any filler injections such as Perlane, Restylane, or Juvederm.

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Age to receive filler injections

+1

You are an appropriate age for filler injections and the injections will not preclude you from a face lift later if you decide to do that. Age is less the determinant for fillers as much as skin type, integrity, depth of wrinkles, and location to be treated.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers and length of treatment

+1

You can probably have repeated filler injections forever. I have patients in their 70's and some in their 80's that like the results that they get from fillers.

Fillers such as Perlane, Restylane and Juvederm have no limit in years of injection

+1

there is no maximum number of years allowed for someone to have fillers injected. There is no adverse effect once they are stopped.  Facelifts can be done after fillers are stopped, regardless if it is Perlane, Restylane, Juvederm or Radiesse.

Ronald Shelton, MD

There is benefit with continued injections

+1

Perlane is made of hyaluronic acid, found naturally in the skin. The is no limit to the time one can get treated. In fact, studies have shown that with regular and continued use, the skin actually behave younger by stimulating fibroblasts to produce your own collagen.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

There is no limit to how many times one can get Perlane injections

+1

In fact with subsequent treatments you may need less filler as you go along, but the skin does not break down from having injections of hyaluronic acid.

Hyaluronic acid is a normal constituent of our skin, a molecule that holds many times its weight in water and helps hydrate the skin.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon