2 years post op and my breast & nipples have dropped. Would I have to pay for a revision?

My breasts were an A cup, pointy, my nipples quite large & I had no "under boob" so they were very cut off underneath & my nipple was right on the end and lower down. I had breast implants & im about a D but i was hoping my nipple would have been more into the middle of my breast and having a nice full "under boob" but my implants & nipples settled quite low. if I wanted to have them re done would I have to pay againt? happens if patients are not as happy a couple years later? do we have options to redo?

+1
If you go back to your original surgeon, he/she may not charge you his fee, but you will have to pay for OR/Anesthesia and implants if you switch them out but that is certainly up to the surgeon.  If you go to a new surgeon, yes, you will be charged again.  It would be best if you went in and met with your surgeon to go over your concerns, see what your options are and go from there.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Revision fee

+1
The possibly regarding any revisions for cosmetic procedure dependent on surgeon and institution. Both surgeons won't charge where revision fee. However all depends on the reason for the revision. He gets to a natural biological or physiolgic process some surgeons will charge a fee. He also need to remember that the fee that is being waived is a surgical fee and are added charges for the operating room in the operating room staff and the medications needed to perform a surgical procedure. These are usually expenses that are incurred by the patient. This is discussion they need to have with her prior surgeon.

Ernesto Hayn, MD

Revision policies vary doctor to doctor

+1
While there is almost always an option to redo, or revise, to improve results, the main issue is what the policy of your doctor is with regard to revisions.  I can tell you that most doctors have some kind of revision policy by which for a certain designated time following the original procedure, they may not charge a surgeon's fee for revision procedures, but anesthesia or operating room facility charges would be charged.  Those exact charges again vary doctor to doctor.  I can tell you that two years out is probably longer than most surgeons allow their revision policy to extend.  Mine is a year.  The best thing to do is to discuss your concerns openly and honestly with your surgeon and see what you can work out together.  Certainly if you go to another surgeon it then becomes a totally new case for him or her, and you should expect to pay full fee.  Sometimes given the complexity and time demands of revising another surgeon's work that fee is higher than the usual fee for primary surgery too.  Good luck.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

Revision

+1
Thank you for your question. Without the benefit of an exam or photos it sounds like you would benefit from a breast lift.  Ptosis or sagging of the breast can occur as we age as well as the result of having an implant.  I would see your plastic surgeon and explain you concerns. Since this is a separate problem it is likely that you will have to pay for a breast lift. Good luck.

Arun Rao, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon