How Many Years Will Fat Transfered to the Buttock Survive?

I am wondering will the fat transferred to my buttock survive a life time. I would not want this procedure to be a waste of money and time.

Brazilian Butt Lift Longevity

Once the fat injected to the buttocks has taken it may fluctuate with your weight.

The BBL has been performed for several years; there is no sign that the fat is being lost with time to date.

Fat grafting to other areas has been performed for 15 years with no evidence that I know of or have seen of loss.

Please consult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

30 Central Park South
New York City, New York

Fat Survival after Brazilian Buttlift

Having seen patients beyond a year following fat transfer, the fat present after about 2 months is the fat that lives.  It does not magically go away unless you lose weight.  Similarly, fat grafted to the breast lives and fat transferred to the face lives.  The results of these procedures have been substantiated by studies in peer reviewed journals.  Please find the plastic surgeon with the best credentials to provide you with the most current, relevant information who has performed hundreds of Brazilian buttlift procedures.

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

How long does Brazilian Butt lift last?

The fat is permanently transferred to the buttock.  The overall change in your figure should be long lasting.  However, the size of the fat will change depending on your fluctuations in weight.

Dennis Dass, MD

8929 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

Only 30% percent of injected fat will be lost

On average 30% of the fat injected after a Brazilian butt lift will be reabsorbed. This will happen during the first three months after surgery and what is left after that first three months will last the rest of your life. What a Brazilian butt lift does is redistribute the fat on your body. This means that when if you gain or lose weight from this point forward it will be proportionate to how you look after the surgery.

Jaime Perez, MD
Brazilian Butt Lift Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

307 South MacDill Ave
Tampa, FL 33609

How Long Will The Fat In A BBL Survive?

Fat grafted to the buttocks has a survival rate of approximately 67% of the fat transferred.  That fat present in the augmented buttocks at 6-8 weeks should be there forever.  Grafted fat cells often lose some of the fat content initially, but this returns once the cells get a new blood supply. 

Skin grafts when transferred to a new donor area survive forever once they get a new blood supply (neovascularization).  So do fat grafts. 

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

1221 Kapiolani Blvd.
Honolulu, HI 96814

Fat transfer

Fat transfer is all about sculpting your body, after the first 2 months the fat that survives is the one you keep. If you gain or loose weight it will be on the same frame of your new body. With a healthy diet and a good exercise routine you will be able to maintain your new shape for years to come.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Torre 7, José Clemente Orozco 2230 Zona Rio
Tijuana, Baja California 22010

Fat injectuin to the butt

Dear Miesha,

You hit it right on the nail.  Fat injection to the butt would have been the ideal way to enlarge the buttocks, the problen is that it does not last. I had 9 patients in the last year, who came for butt implants because the enlargement did not last beyond 1 year. Physilogically it is illogical to expect a large amount of fat to survive without circulation. Butt implants are soft, feel and look natural and most importantly, do not disappear. Make sure to consult with a board crtified plastic surgeon who has experience with butt implants and can show you lots of attractive before and after pictures.

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
McLean Plastic Surgeon

8230 Leesburg Pike
Vienna, VA 22182

Brazilian Butt Lift changes your shape

BBL changes your shape by moving your own fat to your buttocks. Once the fat is established there and survived the transfer, it is a part of you, just like a fat deposit anywhere else.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

805 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, CA 94301

How long does the BBL last?

Buttock augementation using fat transplantation is the preferred technique for buttock enlargement. Once the fat takes, which is noted by about 6 weeks, it lasts and further suregry is not needed. In about 30-35% of the patients some of the fat may be asorbed as noted at 6 weeks. If that is the case a second procedure may be suggested after 3  months. It is rare to need any more procedures after that. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

9 E. 62nd Street
New York, NY 10021

Brazilian Butt Lift

Once the transfered fat has taken and has become part of you, it will last forever. I have seen the transfered fat increase with weight gain as well.

10 East 31 Street
Baltimore, MD 21218