My 2 year old fell off a chair and got a cut on his forehead. Will he always have this scar, or will it fade over time? photo)

my 2 years old baby fell off from the chair and got cut in his forehead vertical...he got the butterfly stitches in his forehead after two hours...will the scar be there for life time or will fade off as he grows????

Scar revision for the forehead in Los Angeles

+1
Our office specializes in scar revision. We advise patients to use Plato's scar serum in the early post-op period to minimize hypertrophic scarring. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

My baby has a scar

+1
Scars will naturally improve over time.  This will take months, if not years to get better.  By the time he is old enough to notice, the scar will likely be hardly visible.  If the scar is not to your satisfaction by 6 months to a year, I would recommend a consultation with a plastic surgeon. Here is what you can do in the meantime: Avoid the sun and sun exposure
Use a daily sunblock when your doctor says the wound is healed
Purchase a silicone based scar gel to apply onto the scar when it has healed. Use this for up to three months.
Massage the scar daily

Michael Zarrabi, MD

Will he always have this scar, or will it fade over time?

+1
I'm sorry your 2 year old had this occur.  I hope he is Ok.

The scar will improve with time.  That is, it will typically look better in months and even better years from now, if it heals normally.  If the scar does not improve or is aesthetically noticeable then a scar revision can be performed,  The timing of the revision is best discussed during an in-person consultation with a facial plastic surgeon.

During the healing phase, silastic strips (Oleeva scar strips) covering the scar can help.  Begin use after the initial wound is completely healed.  A good website to purchase is linked below. I am not affiliated with the website, but I use their products for my patients.

Timothy R. Miller, MD
Aliso Viejo Facial Plastic Surgeon