Since It Has Been a Year, is There Any Updated Information on ALCL & Breast Implants?

I have read on this board that ALCL is NOT associated with Smooth Walled implants, which is reassuring to me, but the FDA data says that the texture information is only availabe in 4 cases. It has been a year since the inital finding. Are there any updates yet that you have heard about? Thank You!

ALCL and Breast Implants

+1

FDA’s review of existing literature published between January 1997 and May 2010 identified 34 cases possible association between saline and silicone gel-filled breast implants and the
development of anaplastic large cell lymphoma (ALCL). The below information is from the link listed below and I encourage you to access this web site which is informative.
ALCL is a rare condition and has been seen in about 1 in 500,000 women with saline and silicone breast implants. In total, the FDA is aware of as many as 60 cases of ALCL in women with breast implants worldwide based on information from other international regulators, scientists, and breast implant manufacturers.
These figures are difficult to verify because not all cases were published in the scientific
literature and some may be duplicate reports.
Most cases reviewed by the FDA were diagnosed when patients sought medical treatment for
implant-related symptoms such as pain, lumps, swelling, or asymmetry that developed after their
initial surgical sites were fully healed. These symptoms were due to collection of fluid (periimplant
seroma), hardening of breast area around the implant (capsular contracture), or masses
surrounding the breast implant. Examination of the fluid and capsule surrounding the breast
implant led to the ALCL diagnosis