One year surgery TT... Still look Pregnant with hard stomach? (photo)

Had my surgery one year ago. I workout 6-7 days with some diet. My stomach is still hard and makes me look pregnant. When I workout it goes down a bit, and I can suck it in to a certain extent. I can even feel my abs tight inside, but why do I still look pregnant and I have also gained 10 pounds? Not sure if that my fat or workout muscle.

Post op bulge

+1

Although difficult to diagnose without an exam, I suspect that you have additional intra abdominal fat which a tummy tuck does not alter. Probably start with a diet and exercise program to improve your result.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

TT results a year later

+1

cannot really be evaluated without what you looked like before you had surgery. 10 pounds should not make or break a result.

One year surgery TT... Still look Pregnant with hard stomach?

+1

Please post a before photo! So we can compare. Also you have visceral fat that could benefit from 20 pound weight loss...

Oops

+1

SB 73: This is an unfortunate sequelae and I am sorry that you are seeing less than satisfactory results. However, the fullness that you are showing in this photo is very likely to be intra-abdominal fullness. (Look up the word "omentum"). This weight gain (fatty stores) is deeper than the muscle repair that you surgeon performs. If you lie on your back and have a friend push the fullness down until you look flat, there is a good chance that you would find it difficult to breath. Similarly, if the surgeon tries to correct that fullness surgically, then you would also have difficulty breathing. Ascites from liver disease can present this way but those patients are too sick for tummy tucks. Also, if the sutures dehisce (disrupt), the patient can present this way but that scenario is also unlikely. Your presentation is intra-abdominal excess, treated with a diet and an exercise program. A rule of thumb to consider: Until your belly is flat when you are laying on your back, its not ideal for an abdominoplasy. In other words, if it cannot comfortably be flattened when you are awake pre-op, it may not be ideally flatten with surgery because doing so could cause respiratory problems.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon