Are 3 Year Old Scars Considered Old? And What Are my Options for Removing Them?

I went on a camping trip in 6th grade. Even after applying bug repellant multiple times a day I still managed to bring fleas home. The fleas left many scars on my lower legs and feet. I am now currently in 9th grade and still suffering with these ugly scars. What are my options for treating these scars in the quickest way possible? I want laser scar removal to be my last option, due to all the health risks that accompany it.

Scars

At three years these scars are mature. They have improved to the degree that the body is capable if healing them

3 Year Old Scars Considered Old?

These scars are not old but they are mature.

You can not expect any further changes for the better or for the worst.

Please provide pictures and I will be happy to give you my opinion.

David Evdokimow, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon