One Year Post Septorhinoplasty and my Nose Looks Deformed (photo)

Hello! I got a septo-rhinoplasty in April 2010. It is strange because my nose looks beautiful 95% of the time BUT when I go under certain lights, my nose looks like it has a huge dent in it. I went to talk to my doctor and he said he couldn't see the "dent" I was talking about. So I am going to see him next week with this picture I took. Did my surgeon do something wrong? Or did I do something wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Why is there a dent visible in my nose a year after surgery.

+2
It is hard to tell from one photo which wasn't taken appropriately what surgery you had and why there is a visible dent. I would guess that you had a graft to the dorsum of your nose. It seems that you need a revision and if your surgeon can't see this, you need a second opinion. Fillers could help camouflage the defect, but you might want a more permanent solution. Good luck with everything.

Morristown Plastic Surgeon

A well-performed Injectable Filler procedure may be used to improve the indentation in your nose after Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+2

I read your concern and reviewed your photo:

You appear to have relatively thin skin so you can see this indentation in your lower bridge over a year after rhinoplasty surgery. Since your nose looks good most of the time, I would advise you to reserve revision rhinoplasty as a last resort. You may be a candidate for a well-performed Injectable Filler treatment to fill the indentation and make it less noticeable. My personal preference is to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dent in nose

+2

It looks like a dorsal graft or implant was used. The "dent" you are looking at is at the bottom end of the implant. I don't think the graft or implant needs to be removed if everything else looks good. The dent, or depression, can be "filled" with injectables, like Restylane or Radiesse, or with fairly minor revision surgery where additional cartilage can be used.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Nasal Implant Creating Dent

+2

Hi,

I suspect that you know that you have a nasal implant.... The implant is creating the dent. I'm not sure what kind of implant was used but it looks like it wasn't shaped and placed properly. To fix this, the implant needs to be removed and another one put in. Check out my website to see many examples of this.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

'Deformed' Nose 1 Year Post Septorhinoplasty

+2

It is good that your are taking this picture with the irregular contour to show your surgeon what you're concerned about. It's not surprising that your surgeon did not see the problem - you say is is present only 5% of the time. I  suspect that neither you or your surgeon did anything wrong - none of use have total control of the healing process.

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty may be the least traumatic answer

+1

If the implant is not too big or too displaced, then my nonsurgical rhinoplasty using my micro droplet technique injecting medical grade liquid silicone into the 'defects' would fix the problem - permanently and immediately without the need for surgery or recovery at far less expense!

Donald T. Levine, MD
Nyack Facial Plastic Surgeon