Just over One Year Post Rhinoplasty, How Much Change Will Still Occur?

Curious, I'm just over one year post rhinoplasty, and want to know how permanent my result is.. Meaning will the nose significantly change now, or can I be pretty confident in the result? Thx a million.

+2

Your Rhinoplasty Surgeon would know your particular case but in general at 1 year post Rhinoplasty the nose is fully healed and the final results obtained IMHO.

One year post-rhinoplasty

+2

At one year post-rhinoplasty, you are probably close to seeing your final result if not completely healed already.

Stability of rhinoplasty after one year

+2

It would be fair to say that at one year after rhinoplasty surgery you are looking at the final result. If there are any skin remodeling changes yet to occur, they will be very subtle. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Possible Changes 1 Year after Rhinoplasty

+2

Any changes one year after a rhinoplasty will be subtle. Sometimes patients with thick skin or those who had a revision procedure will see some improvement for 18-24 months after surgery.

How Much Still after 1 year?

+2

In most situations the swelling is mostly gone by 1 year.  Thicker skin noses in general need plenty of time to develop their final shape – in instances up to 2 years.

Sam Naficy, MD

How much change should I expect 1 year after rhinoplasty?

+2

Hi and thanks for your question.  1 year after rhinoplasty, if the surgery was well done and the nose is structurally in good shape, there should be almost no further changes.  If the nose is changing after 1 year, that is a worrisome sign.  Modern rhinoplasty leaves the nose with very good structure so that the forces of gravity and scar tissue don't change the nose.

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

One Year Post Rhinoplasty

+2

The wound healing process takes up to one year to complete.  Significant changes will occur in the first few months to a year post rhinoplasty as tissues heal, swelling resolves, and structural tissues settle into their remodeled position.  Typically by one year, the tissues are stable and have settled into their permanent position and appearance.  I would not expect significant change to your post-rhinoplasty nose after one year except those changes that are inherent with aging.

Mia E. Skourtis, MD

Rhinoplasty results take 1 year and are permanent then.

+2

Rhinoplasty results take 1 year and are permanent then. Your may show some change in 20 years as the fat and elastic tissue ages--doesn't that sound lovely!

The Final Result in Rhinoplasty: Just After One Year

+1

In general, it takes at least one year to see the results of rhinoplasty but it may take a year and a half to two years in patients with thick skin, males, and ethnic noses. Tertiary or secondary tertiary rhinoplasty may take significantly longer.  One cannot completely predict how individuals heal versus scar formation in the nasal area.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Final rhinoplasty result within one year...

+1

Without knowing the specific maneuvers that were performed during the rhinoplasty (things such as tip or dorsal grafts) the final result is typically achieved at one year. You can continue to see refinement of your result even past this time, however people are generally at their final result within a year.

William Franckle, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon