1 Year Post Op, Revision or Alarplasty and Kenlog for Nostril Flare/round Tip? (photos)

I had a rhinoplasty done exactly one year ago, my Surgeon told me that after one year all the swelling would be gone and Id fianlly see the exact shape of my nose and i am unsatisfied.Its not that the surgeon did a bad job, she was great i guess my expectations were a bit too much? i was just hopin to see more of a change. I am considering a revision rhinoplasty this september.Im trying to decide if an Alarplasty and Kenlog shot is a better option.the Scaring scares me away from Alarplasty.

Revision At 1 Year After Rhinoplasty

+2

Dear Tada,

I am sorry that you are unsatisfied with your results.

According to the photographs you have uploaded, I believe some minor revisions could be helpful but should be performed by an extensively experienced, board certified surgeon due to the delicate nature of the procedure.

As for the corticosteroid injections, I believe that at 1 year post surgery you may not get concrete results out of them.

I advise you to seek consultation with the right surgeon and be specific with what you anticipate from your revision. At the end of the day, keeping your beauty natural and preserving your facial features is the key for complete long-lasting satisfaction.

I wish you all the best and thank you for your inquiry.

Dr. Sajjadian

Unhappy after rhinoplasty

+2

I don't think a kenalog injection will really do anything at this point. It will be important when you go to your next consultation to be very specific with your goals. This will help your surgeon to prepare and explain to you what will and will not be possible.

Ronald Schuster, MD

A Better Nose

+2

A revision rhinoplasty is a reasonable way to work toward nasal improvement and refinement.  An Open Rhinoplasty will serve you better than a closed approach!

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

+2

I don't believe more Kenalog injections will make a difference. You have a thick nasal skin which should be thinned in order to redrape well over your refined nasal cartilages. The tip still looks wide and bulbous and needs further refinement. Nasal base reduction with Alar Repositioning Technique will have no scars. See before and after photos before you commit to revision surgery. Good luck

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty for tip improvement

+2

Looking at your before and after photos, your tip rotation has improved thus the nose looks a little shorter, which is good.  However, there is some fullness at the dorsum just higher to the tip, which is called polybeaking, that makes the tip appear more round and full.  On the front view, tip definition has slightly improved, but I can understand that you may want further improvement.  Your alar base looks widened (although base view would be useful).

Overall, if you want further improvement, you may need a revision tip surgery to narrow tip some, more, get rid of polybeaking, and narrow the alar base.  I don't think that narrowing the alar base alone will give you a result you are looking for.  If you are not a kelod prone person, I would not worry much about the scars which can be made inconspicuous with proper technique.

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

Revision rhinoplasty

+2

Kenalog injections may help especially if the supratip area is reduced. However, your nose is still a little too long and the left tip is flattened and asymmetric. A revision rhinoplasty with possible post operative injections with silicone in order to achieve a hundred percent result. 

Donald T. Levine, MD
Nyack Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty

+2

Hi,

It definitely looks like you still have some fullness in your tip. I dont think Kenelog will reduce the tip, although you may want to try one or 2 injections kenelog. If this doesnt help, then I would suggest an open rhinoplasty to revise the tip. You also have a slight pollybeak on your profile shot.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Nasal Revision with Reduction of Nasal Base

+2

An alarplasty with reduction of the nasal base will improve your nose significantly. Don't worry about the scarring if the work is done by an experienced surgeon. Kenalog injections may help reduce the fullness above the tip, but a revision will be necessary if you want to narrow your tip.