Normal for Intermittant Tip Swelling 1 Year After Rhinoplasty?

1 year 1 month later and still swelling in the tip. I had septo Rhinoplasty 1 year and 1 month ago and i am very pleased with the results because my nose has improved but i am still getting bad swelling at times in the tip area especially after alcohol exposure for instance. It changes the shape of my nose and dont look nice. Is this normal?

Rhinoplasty healing swelling

+1

It should have healed by now but alcohol does cause vasodilatation,swelling which is probably the reason. You would also see that primarily in the tip. I would suspect you had that before your surgery too. Can't blame you for the ale is great there!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Nasal tip swelling can likely be treated

+1

Although uncommon, nasal tip swelling can occur  for up to 1 year or more especially after open rhinoplasty with tip refinement, such as grafting, tip sutures etc. The fluctuance may be gravitational (sleeping) or allergy related. If there is no inflammation or tenderness and there is no alloplastic (artificial) implant present, the it may respond to dilute steroid injections. You will need to see your surgeon to ask about this. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.specialface.com

Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Intermittant Tip Swelling 1 Year after Rhinoplasty

+1

Patients with thick skin may have residual swelling 1 year after rhinoplasty. However intermittant swelling is not  normal. Consult with your surgeon.

Nasal Tip Swelling 1 Year after Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

Most nasal swelling resolves within one month after rhinoplasty, while the final swelling takes at least one year to settle down. The nose will continue to change slowly with time, and plastic surgery does not stop the natural aging process. Swelling is not common 1 year after rhinoplasty, and may be related to allergies or other conditions. Only after a comprehensive evaluation can a plastic surgeon help determine appropriate options for you.

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/facial-plastic-surgery/rhinoplasty.cfm

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip swelling 1 year after rhinoplasty

+1

Very unusual to have tip edema after a year from surgery. seek in person opinions to help resolve this issue.

From MIAMI DR. B

Nasal tip swelling 1 year after rhinoplasty.

+1

You should return to your surgeon for evaluation. It is not normal for the tip to swell 1 year after surgery.

Nasal Tip Swelling a year after Nose Surgery

+1

Nose swelling should be resolved by a year after surgery. Any persistent or recurrent swelling afterward needs to be assessed for possible infection.

Swelling after Rhinoplasty

+1

Usually noticeable swelling one year after surgery is not normal.  I would recommend that you see you see your surgeon to discuss this with him or her.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/orange-county-nose-surgery-rhinoplasty-newport-beach.php

Fluctuating swelling in the nasal tip after nose job? Possible implant infection?

+1

The changing swelling in the tip of the nose may or may not be an indication of a serious underlying condition and it depends on the techniques used to perform the rhinoplasty. Specifically the use of implants versus grafts.