One Year Lipo Tummy Tuck and Flanks Done. Dont Like Results Can I Under Go Tummy Tuck to Fix my T? (photo)

Unhappy after surgery

+2

Thanks for the question and photos. Yes, you can certainly have additional surgery at this point to improve the results. Liposuction to your waist and low back will help improve your shape. You might also benefit from a scar revision. Your previous surgeon might give you the best deal but otherwise I would think that any other good Plastic surgeon would be willing to help. Good luck.

One Year Lipo Tummy Tuck and Flanks Done. Dont Like Results Can I Under Go Tummy Tuck to Fix my T?

+2

You can have a liposuction of your entire abdomen and flanks with a scar revision on the T incision. This would give you a very nice result.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

+2

Many thanks for the question.I don't think you need a revision since this is good result however if you are unhappy your surgeon can opt for mini tummy tuck to improve what I see on the photos.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Revision

+2

Hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like you may have had an infection or wound breakdown in the midline. This may be amenable to scar therapy with creams or lasers. Also you have had a short scar maybe extending it will get you your desired outcome

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

+1

My guess over the internet is yes a redo TT scar and liposuction can be done. Best to seek in person second opinions. 

Fixing Tummy Tuck Results

+1

Thank you for the question and photos. Typically at one year it is safe and possible to enhance the result of a tummy tuck. It looks like the scar is the biggest problem and can usually be improved with a revision. This does not require a complete re-do of the original surgery. It is often possible to do additional liposuction at the same time if needed. I hope this helps. Good luck to you.

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Fix the t scar in tummy tuck

+1

It depends on how loose the tissues are. If there is some laxity then the T may be able to removed. Additional liposuction can be performed at the same time. I would suggest a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Disappointed with tummy tuck result

+1

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck and liposuction result.

1. If your skin is loose, the "T" scar can be at lest partially removed
  2. Your photo shows a good flank liposuction result.
  3. It seems your back was not liposuctioned - it usually is not with a tummy tuck.
  4. You can have liposuction here at the time of scar revision.
  5. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD