4 Year Old Implants Suddenly Feel Different?

In 2008 I had a breast augmentation with the tear-dropped shaped silicone implants... 2 days ago I noticed that my right implant is much softer than the left. I KNOW that it wasn't this way before but I'm not sure that it's the left one that is harder or the right one that is softer... You know? When I press them against my body, I can see that the right one goes much flatter and seems much squishier but I don't know if there is really anything wrong. Maybe I just hadn;t noticed this before??

Implants Feel Different.

+1

I  advise you to return to your plastic surgeon for an exam . Based on your observation, you might have developped a capsular contracture on one side, an implant rupture on the other, or both. Physical examination and an MRI study may be helpful , and you should discuss tis with surgeon.

South Bend Plastic Surgeon

Implants and capsule

+1

Yes, each breast will respond differently to implants because one breast may be tighter than the other.

Change in implants four years after surgery

+1
Sometimes patients become aware of changes-suddenly-even though the changes were occurring over time. Your post is suggestive of a capsular contracture on the left and possible leak on the right. The only way to determine this is by diagnostic studies so see your plastic surgeon for evaluation. Best of luck.

+1

Best bet is that you have developed a capsular contracture on the left side. An implant rupture or a resolution of a contracture on the right.

I don't think you can get much more info from an online opinion--it's time to see your surgeon, who should be able to sort this out by examining you.

Thanks for the question, best wishes.