5 Years Post Implants After Bi-lateral Mastectomy: Started to Get Pain in Left Breast

Starting last week I have pain in my left breast. I have silicone implants and the pain is dull but steady for about an hour then will go away but comes back. what could be the problem and could I have cancer in my breast again?

+1

Always best to see your oncologic surgeon and plastic surgeon on a yearly basis. They are best to know your issues. 

Pain after reconstruction

+1

Having pain after a breast reconstruction can indicate a recurrence but that is rare.  Much more likely would be a capsular contraction.  You should see however your PS and or surgical oncologist to evaluate your breast and determine the status of your implants.

Delio Ortegon, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Pain 5 Years After Breast Reconstruction

+1

It is possible with breast cancer to have recurrent disease after 5 years, although your pain is more likely due to some other cause.  In order to be certain of the origin of your pain, you should by checked by your plastic surgeon or oncologist.

John Whitt, MD