1 Year Old w/ Forehead Cut

My 1-year old got a small but deep cut to her forehead (slightly less than 1/4 inch). The hospital glued it together and placed steristrips. Now 2 weeks later the cut is healed over on the surface but there is still a small gap between the edges. The result is a very little but unsightly hole when she furrows her brow. Any ideas if this 'seam' should come together over time? Would using steristrips over time possibly help? Thanks, Concerned mother

Forehead scars can be improved with laser and scar surgery

+1

The scar will improve with time.  However, if you wish to treat the forehead scar to prevent permanent visibility, I would recommend a combination of percutaneous scar release and fractional laser in my practice. 

No treatment needed for the youngster's scar for now.

+1

The picture that you posted suggests that healing is proceeding more or less normally.  I wouldn't recommend any active treatment.  Let the process come to completion.  This may take many months in a child.  Scar creams don't work.  Just keep the remodeling scar out of the sun as best as possible.

Pediatric scars

+1

Scars will mature with time amd most of the time they will get better. But, as the child is growing, scars also stretch and may widen.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon