A Year Ago I Did Knee Liposuction but As I See I Still Have Fat. My Doctor Says That This is my Skin but I Am Not Sure? (photo)

Could that be possible?

A Year Ago I Did Knee Liposuction but As I See I Still Have Fat.

+1

This looks like a normal knee contour, and therefore a nice outcome. I think that doing more is as likely to make things worse as to improve them, and I would stick with what you've got.

All the best. 

Fat or loose skin after liposuction

+1

Thank you for your question about fat or loose skin after your liposuction.

• Compare your pre-lipo photos to photos now with your surgeon to see what is going on. Possibilities -
  • Not enough fat removed. Treatment - more liposuction. This is easiest fix.
  • Fat has returned just above the liposuction site. Treatment - weight loss.
  • Skin is loose because knee fat supported tissues above it. Treatment - radiofrequency, e.g. Exilis, to tighten tissues. Takes at least 6 treatments. Hope this helps. Best wishes!

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

+1

Both some fat and residual skin. I would offer a combination of technologies + SmartLipo + Thermigen RF. The laser lipo will melt fats and the RF will tighten skin. Fees are higher because of using two modalities, in the $2,500 range. 

Knee Liposuction Improvement

+1

A fatty protrusion can be seen in the upper knee area where it blends into the thigh. This could be improved by further liposuction. It is usually necessary to be very aggressive with liposuction in the knee to get an optimal result and this can be done because there is little risk of loose or hanging skin as a result.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Knee Liposuction

+1

If you still have more than 1.5 cm of fat, then you may be able to liposuction a little more.  However, your knees look Ok now and you do not want to have contour irregularities or hanging skin.  I would defer to the judgement of your plastic surgeon who can exam you.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Fine line between elasticity and fat removal around knees.

+1

Good question!. Depending on the elasticity of the skin around the knees sometime we leave a little more fat under the skin to preserve the best appearance. We do not want to leave a wrinkled appearance. Imagine the elasticity required in that area by getting in a squatting position. every bit of skin excess is taken up by that maneuver. Then stand up.and notice the skin. If there is excellent elasticity and you can pinch more than 1/2 inch of fat then possibly a bit more liposuction can be performed. If the skin elasticity is so-so then some of the non invasive skin tightening/ fat reduction methods such as Exilis can be used! Hope this helps.

Manuel M. Pena, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon