Over a Year I Had Developed Skin Thickening Around my Nose Resulting in a Bulbous Tip? (photo)

i started noticing some changes on my skin texture about year ago and it has gotten worse since then. i developed rough and thick skin with enlarged pores on my forehead,cheeks, and around my nose!! I'm just wondering what kind of skin disorder that i have??

Thick Nasal Tip and Sebaceous Hyperplasia

+2

The nose tip can become thick from increase in the activity of normal oil producing glands called 'Sebaceous Glands'. The big pores can make the nose look bigger. It is not a disorder of the skin but just lack of exfoliation. You can improve the quality of the skin on the nasal tip by the following:

1. Use Cetaphil to wash it 3 times a day

2. Use Aveeno moisturizer every day

3. Use Biore nasal strips to remove blackheads once a week

4. Use Vitamin C cream or serum every day

5. Use Microdermabrasion at a salon, a doctor's office or a spa

Regards

Dr. J

This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon