1 Year After Lipo on Chest, Belly, Love Handles, Have Hardening On My Lower Abdominal Area?

I had lipo on my chest, belly, and love handles. I still have hardening on my lower abdominal area. I wear the same size pants because that area seems hardened or swollen with something in there. My doc said it's scarred tissue. That there's nothing that can be done. I don't want to do surgery again. Any suggestions? I exercise A LOT. I eat clean. I'm in fairly good shape but just can't get rid of that area and it's really discouraging. Thank you in advance.

Induration of lower abdominal area after liposuction

+1

There are a few possible explanations for the induration of your lower abdominal area. A full examination would be necessary to determine the cause. Some causes include excessive liposuction, scar tissue formation, seroma, or lymphedema. Most causes have a treatment option for improvement. You should seek a full consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Scarring after #Liposuction

+1

skin and soft tissue hardening that lasts for more than 3 months after the procedure is very likely from scarring. this usualy hapend with SmartLipo. Im not sure if that what was used for your treatment. I have treated a few cases with this complication. it got >90% better and the pt was very happy but it took more than 1 session to correct that. not sure where youre located but you should consult another physician if you can.

Hardening on Lower Abdomen 1 Year after Liposuction

+1

The hardened area on the lower abdomen 1 year after liposuction may well be scar.  It could also be a seroma cavity.  It would difficult to judge this without an exam, and your plastic surgeon is in the best position to evaluate this.  You can always get a second opinion if you would like.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Liposuction.php

Hard area of abdomen after lipo

+1

Did you have laser or vaser or ultrasound?

In any event, it sounds like you have large area of fat necrosis, and at this point, it is likely stable.  Your only option may be an excision, panniculectomy, tummy tuck, or, just live with it.  There are not many options here.

Hard tissue after liposuction

+1

As previously suggested is difficult to make recommendations without a formal consultation. At times hard tissue could be the result of what is known as fat necrosis but usually improves with time as the scar remodeling process continues. Perhaps the physical examinations should be complemented with imaging studies such as ultrasound or CT scans to rule out hernias or other findings that could be contributing to the current symptoms. Hope this helps. 

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and hardening

+1

Hardening is something that should be evaluated in person, it is difficult to say what is worng without the evaluation.