18 Months After BA....Am I Getting Capsular Contracture? (photo)

I have long -term tenderness on both breasts,i.e, 3 out of 4 weeks(specially the sides). They are both tight and I can feel an electric pain in both breasts and discomfort all the time, as if the implants are being pushed against the skin. When I get up in the mornings, I can feel the same sensation as I felt in the very early days of my OP,not in terms of pain, but I can feel the implants sliding down very slowly. Having said that, they are very soft although tender( my period was 1 week ago).

Capsular contraction after breast augmentation

+2

Thanks for the pictures. By looking at the pictures it does not appear as you have developed a noticeable capsular contracture. But with out an exam it is not possible to know for sure. If your breast are soft you probably do not have a contracture (A Baker grade II contracture maybe present but not noticeable).

Regarding the pain there are many different reasons for breast pain and you should be checked by a breast surgeon for further evaluation!

Good Luck!

Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Tender breasts after augmentation

+2

It is hard to tell whether capsular contractures are present without an examination. If your breasts are soft, it is unlikely. Some women just have tender breasts which can be made worse by caffeine. You should see your surgeon for an examination to see what is happening with your breasts. Good luck to you.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon