Yawning After Septorhinopasty

I keep yawning...and find it hard to control it. I am 2 weeks post op. Sometimes when I yawn, it makes me flare my nostrils which I can't control, and it strains it abit. When the flaring subsides...I feel slight pressure of the nose. No pain, just pressure feeling. I am worried about this, as controlling it is difficult and I am worried it will do damage. :(

Go ahead and yawn after Rhinoplasty

+2

Yawning, smilingg, laughing and similar facial movements will not damage your nose after a Rhinoplasty.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Yawning after rhinoseptoplasty

+1

Yawning should cause no problems.  You are still early in the post op period and these symptoms should subside.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.