YAG Laser Treatment for Eyelid Veins?

I have a small varicose vein. I was told by an eyelid surgeon that there is too much risk for laser treatment of veins around the eye. You mentioned there are procedures where a shield is placed over the eye. How does that reduce the risk? Any suggestions on where the procedure is offered?

Vein Treatment

+1

There are always risks when treating veins around the eye.  I have stopped doing them because I never had a problem, and want to keep it that way.  Continuing to do them will eventually end with a complication.  Thus, the risk is low, you just have to find someone willing to take the risk with you.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Veins on Eyelids...

+1

I do not recommend treating veins on your eyelids!!! Corneal shields can cause corneal abrasions and potentially permanent damage to your vision.   You must weigh the pros and cons before getting treated!!!!

Good luck.

Dr. Grant Stevens   

Grant Stevens, MD

Fine veins i the lower lid

+1

Find another experienced plastic surgeon or dermatologist with experience in treating facial telentectasias. the eye lids can be treated with goog stainless steel corneal protectors in place.