I had the 1064 Yag laser done to zap some unwanted spider veins on my face 3 weeks ago. I am fair and have been told I have vascular rosacea. I have been getting lasers done to my face for years and have never responded like this. Dr who treated saw me a week later and put me on Vanos, then a few days later prescribed a Z-pack. Saw another derm who was not certain what I had. I am in pain, my skin still feels hot, still red where treated and my chin is still swollen..help!
Can Nd YAg 1064 Cause Folliculitis, Scarring and Veins to Look Worse? (photo)
Doctor Answers 1
ND Yag complications
Thank you for your question about problems after your ND Yag treatment.
- Your ND YAG laser reaction can be from infection, sun or topical creams,
- Put nothing at all on your face, cool with ice packs,
- stay out of the sun completely,
- If you have cold sores or if tiny clear blisters, it is most likely herpes.
- Consider a third consultation, with another dermatologist, plastic surgeon or ID specialist/. Hope this helps. Best wishes.
Have a question? Ask a doctor
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.