XL Chin Implant Removal 1 Month Post Op?

I'm a 25 year old male. I got a silicone chin implant size XL (10 mm in projection) inserted 3 weeks ago via the submental approach. I feel almost completely healed (some tightness still but no pain anymore and aparently no more swelling) but I'm disatisfied with the results and prefer to have it completely removed. What are the odds that the skin will remain stretched after removal and other deformities if I remove it now.

+1

Early removal of a chin implant has a higher likelihood of return to original skin envelope.  You may want to consider removal of the larger implant and replacement with a smaller implant rather than complete removal.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of chin implants and facial procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Near Immediate Chin Implant Removal

+1

If the mentalis muscle is sutured back and tightened (submental tuckup) with the implant removal, there is a low likelihood that you will be left with any hanging skin. (witch's chin) Although I would caution you to be too capricious in its removal as it takes time for many patients to adjust to their new look.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Chin implant removal

+1

While it would be possible to remove your chin implant a month after it was placed, I would recommend discussing your issue with your surgeon first.  Although you think the swelling has resolved, there likely still is some swelling present and the appearance of your chin could still change.  If there is something in particular you don't like about the implant, it's possible it could be improved with another style or size.  If you do decide to have the implant removed, your chin should basically return to how it looked before the implant was placed.    

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon