Does Xeomin/Botox used for migraine headaches have any cosmetic benefits for men?

Does Xeomin/Botox used for migraines have any cosmetic benefit

The location of the injections used to treat migraine headaches does not confer any cosmetic benefit per se at the injection site, but these neuromodulators can be used to achieve a cosmetic benefit in areas approved for injection by the FDA.  

Yes.  Botox is very common in men.  I think most men don't talk about it, but maintaining youth and vitality is beneficial for both sexes.  

Jason Mussman, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Botox for migraines

Injecting botox into the glabella region, between the eyebrows, can help not only the frown lines, but in some cases, alleviate migraines. There are other areas where botox may be injected for migraines which will not have any cosmetic benefit.

Paul Wigoda, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Botox for migraine

It depend on the location of the injection, FDA approved protocol has multiple location for the injection, which some of them are in the areas of cosmetic concern and can help cosmetically. 

Ali Totonchi, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Botox/Xeomin/Dysport for Men

Of course, neuromodulators Botox, Xeomin, or Dysport have similar benefits for men and women.  Treatment of specific muscles relaxes them for months.  During that time of relaxation, muscles don't contract, and dynamic wrinkles fade away.  Static wrinkles also soften by collagen turnover.  Your aging in the treated area comes to a standstill.  You'll never appear as aged as you would have in the treated area if you did not get the neuromodulator.

Steve Laverson, MD

Cosmetic benefit - side benefit!

Hi! I always include glabellar complex (between brows, and for 11 lines) and forehead in my treatment of migraines using Botox, Xeomin, or Dysport. This provides not only relief from migraine headaches, but also provides a nice smoothing cosmetic result. 

There are other areas I inject for migraine that do not provide any cosmetic benefit - this includes the back of the neck, temples, and upper shoulders sometimes. 

Andrea Hui, MD
San Francisco Dermatologic Surgeon