Can an X-Ray Determine Whether the Appearance of my Nose is Due to an Inflicted Injury?

I am told by some friends and family, my nose does not look out of place, but when I look in the mirror I see a bump and a slightly deviated positioning of the bone and there is also elevation. I also have a slightly drooping tip and I'm thinking the bone damage has caused the drooping.

Rhinoplasty for dorsal hump removal and droopy tip

+1

An x-ray is only obtained for medical documentation for an acute nasal fracture. It has no bearing on performing a rhinoplasty. The rhinoplasty procedure involves taking off  a hump, lifting a drooping tip, narrowing the tip and bridge, and realigning the nasal bones. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available on our website for you to get an idea of what your new nose might look like

+1

An X-ray is never used for rhinoplasty planning. I also never order X-rays to evaluate nasal traumatic injuries. These are very low definition studies and much of the nasal shape is dependent upon the underlying cartilage structure which is not revealed to any degree by X-ray imaging. The most effective modality to evaluate your nose will be an examination by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. You will likely find several local Facial Plastic Surgeons on RealSelf that will offer a complimentary consultation to you. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon