What is this lump by my hipbone after tumescent lipo? It started squishy and now it has hardened to feel like muscle. (photo)

It formed at 2 weeks out, and I am now 1 month post procedure. I asked my PS and he brushed me off and said it was normal. I don't feel it's normal. It stays swollen and the rest of my abdomen is losing the swelling. It started squishy like fat or fluid, and now has hardened to feel almost like muscle. It's only on one side and is not getting any smaller. I'm concerned it may end up permanent.

Lump after liposcution

+1
Thank you for you question and photo.

It seems like you have developed a hematoma (collection of blood under the skin). Only an in person exam and evaluation will be able to tell for sure.

I would discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon again, and if you are still uncomfortable with his explanation seek a second opinion with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Best Regards,

Dr. Stutman

Mesa Plastic Surgeon

What is this lump by my hipbone after tumescent lipo? It started squishy and now it has hardened to feel like muscle.

+1
Appears as a hematoma or seroma. Needs in person examination in order to determine exactly what it is...  

Contour deformity after liposuction

+1
Thank you for the picture. This is not normal. I can't tell you exactly what it is without a physical examination. You need to go back to your plastic surgeon and demand that he or she examines you and gives you a better reason and course of action for this area.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Liposuction

+1
After liposuction developing a "squishy' lump then became hard, could be a collection of blood (hematoma) that now is a clotted blood and is hard. usually if it is blood it will begin to soften as the blood starts to dissolve. Sonogram will tell you what it is and your doctor will advise on the treatmnet