Had lost a lot wt I want that nice roundness and I feel I have saggy skin at the bottom what procedure would be more effective?

Roundness

+3

Hi Tina. I assume you are talking about your butt. Without a photo, it is difficult to tell what you need. If very loose and saggy, then a lower body lift or butt lift by itself with auto-augmentation (using your own tissue) is the way to go. If, just less full and you have fat elsewhere to be suctioned, then a Brazilian lift (injecting your own fat) is a good way to get that full rounded look again. You need to consult with a ps who has experience doing either of these procedures.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Sagging buttocks after weight loss

+1

Tina,

Congrats on the weight loss. A photograph would be extremely helpful in providing you a more accurate answer. So, in general, after massive weight loss which leads to excess saggy skin, a posterior lift is many times needed to remove the redundant skin. A gluteal auto-augmentation (which means that instead of cutting the extra fat away it is left in place to add volume) can be performed at the same time of the posterior lift in order to add volume and shape to your gluteal region. During the same procedure or in a planned second stage fat grafting can be done in order to continue to shape and add volume and projection to the buttocks. If both of these are not enough, then a silicone implant is the 3rd option. A plastic surgeon can examine you and evaluate if you are a candidate for any of these procedures and help you decide which is right for you. Hope this is helpful, best of luck.

Luis H. Macias, MD

+1
There are a couple of options out there for you to correct the issue you are experiencing. Sometimes you can have fat transferred to reinflate the buttocks but this may not solve the problem completely. You may also look into a butt lift that will remove the excess skin and lift the buttocks into a perkier location. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn about your best options.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Sagging buttock after weight loss

+1

First, congratulations on the weight loss. There are several options for improving or even eliminating sagging buttock (skin). Depending on the severity, re-inflating the entire buttock with either fat transfer or buttock implants can often perk up the buttock enough to smooth out the loose skin. If this is not enough then a buttock tuck may be of added benefit to get rid of any residual loose skin. The only way to tell what option(s) is best for you is to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in buttock augmentation with BOTH fat and buttock implants. Unfortunately about 50+% of the fat melts away within the first year after surgery making implants a much more predictable and reliable option. glad to help...

Ryan Stanton, MD

A drooping bottom?

+1

After significant weight loss everything starts to relax. For appropriate candidates sometimes loose skin can be filled through fat grafting. If the skin is too loose skin tightening may be required and can be combined with fat grafting. A board certified plastic surgeon can help you to decide if you are a good candidate for fat augmentation or if you need elevation of the buttocks by removing loose skin.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

+1

If you have areas of fat for transfer, the Brazilian buttlift can produce a fabulous result in the right hands. I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA